imToken Terms of Service
Last Updated: September 26, 2017.
Thank you for choosing imToken. This imToken Terms of Service (“Agreement”) is made between you
(“you” or “User”) and
ConsenLabs Co, Ltd. (“ConsenLabs” or “we”) and is legally binding between you and ConsenLabs.
ConsenLabs hereby reminds you that you must carefully read the full content of this Agreement and
other documents mentioned
in this Agreement before using imToken (“imToken” or “App”). Particularly, you must carefully read the section of
and Limitation of Liability” and other sections which are displayed in bold. You must make sure that you fully
the whole Agreement and evaluate the risks of using imToken on your own.
I. Confirmation and Acceptance of this Agreement
- 1. You understand that this Agreement and other relevant documents apply to imToken and the Decentralized
(“DApps”) which are developed and owned independently by ConsenLabs on imToken (and excluding DApps developed by
- 2. After you download imToken and start to create or import wallet, you are deemed as having read and accepted
Agreement, which shall cause this Agreement to become effective and legally binding on both you and ConsenLabs
- 3. ConsenLabs may, at its sole discretion, modify or replace this Agreement at any time. The modified
automatically take effect once it is posted on imToken and you will not be notified separately. If you do not
with the modifications, you shall cease to use imToken immediately. Use of imToken by you after any modification
to this Agreement constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement as modified.
- 4. If you are under 18 years old or you are a person of no capacity for civil acts or a person of limited
for civil acts, please use imToken under the guidance of your parents or guardians.
- 1. imToken: means the blockchain wallet developed by ConsenLabs based on Ethereum
other blockchain systems which imToken may support in the future) and other supporting tools which are developed
for the convenience of the Users when using blockchain systems.
- a) a User must be a natural person who possesses full capacity for civil acts;
- b) if you are under 18 years old, please use imToken under the guidance of your parents or guardians. If
person of no capacity for civil acts conducts any transactions on imToken or any person of limited capacity
for civil acts conducts any transaction which does not commensurate his/her civil rights or act capacity,
parents or guardians of the User shall be liable for the consequences of such transactions.
- 3. Questionnaire: before you start to use imToken (and during your future use of
you shall complete the Questionnaire as a proof of your knowledge about blockchain and your basic ability to use
and manage your decentralized wallet in a reasonable way.
- 4. Create or import wallet: means you use imToken to create or import wallet after
accept this Agreement.
- 5. Wallet Password: means the password you set when you create the wallet. The
Password will be used to encrypt and protect your Private Key. imToken, as a decentralized application, will not
store your Wallet Password on our servers, nor will your Wallet Password be stored in your own mobile devices.
If you lose or forget your Wallet Password, you will have to reset the Wallet Password with your Private Key or
- 6. Alert: means the messages displayed on imToken’s operation interface which
suggestions for Users on subsequent operations.
- 7. Specific Users: means Users who should cooperate with ConsenLabs and disclose
Information in order to comply with the laws, regulations and policies of PRC.
- 8. Private Key: consists of 256 random bits. Private Key is the core for the User
hold and use the Tokens.
- 9. Public Key: is derived from the Private Key based on cryptography and is used
wallet addresses. A wallet address is a public address for reception of Tokens.
- 10. Mnemonic Words: consists of 12 (or 15/18/21/24) words which are randomly
and it is based on BIP39, the industry standard of blockchain. It is a human readable format of words to back up
your Private Key for recovery.
- 11. Keystore: means Private Key or Mnemonic Words in the format of a file which is
and protected by the User’s Wallet Password. Keystore is stored only in your mobile device and will not be
to ConsenLabs’ servers.
- 12. Tokens: means the tokens which are supported by imToken currently, including
not limited to ETH, DGD and so on.
- 13. Materials: means contents in the columns of “Browse”, “Market” etc. on
Materials are ConsenLabs’ proprietary properties. User shall not reproduce or distribute the materials without
ConsenLabs’ permission and authorization.
- 14. Personal Information: means information recorded in electronic or any other
which may identify a natural person when used alone or in combination with other information, including but not
limited to name, date of birth, identification card number, personal biological identification information,
telephone number, bank card number, e-mail address, wallet address, mobile device information, operation record,
transaction record, but excluding Wallet Password, Private Key, Mnemonic Words and Keystore.
IV. Your Rights and Obligations
- 1. You understand and acknowledge that the blockchain technology is a field of innovation where the laws and
are not fully established. You may be faced with material risks including instability of technology or failure
of Tokens redemption. You also understand that Tokens have much higher volatility comparing to other financial
assets. You shall make investment decisions and hold or dispose of the Tokens in a reasonable way and
to your financial status and risk preferences. You also acknowledge that the market information is captured from
exchanges by imToken and may not represent the latest or the best quotation of each Token.
- 2. If you or your counterparty fails to comply with this Agreement or fails to follow the instructions, tips
on the website or on the page of the transaction or payment, imToken does not guarantee successful transfer of
the Tokens and imToken shall not be held liable for any of the consequences of such failure. If you or your
has already received the payment in imToken wallet or third-party wallet, you understand that transactions on
are irreversible and irrevocable. You and your counterparty shall assume the liabilities and consequences of
- 3. When you use third-party-developed DApps integrated in imToken, ConsenLabs strongly suggest you read this
and imToken’s Alert carefully, get familiar with the counterparty and the product information and evaluate the
risks before you make transactions on such DApps. You understand that such transactions and corresponding
relationship are between you and your counterparty. imToken shall not be held liable for any risks,
losses or expenses occurred due to such transactions.
- 4. It is your sole responsibility to make sure that your counterparty is a person with full capacity for civil
and decide whether you shall transact with him/her.
- 5. You shall check the official blockchain system or other blockchain tools when you receive Alert such as
failed” or “mining overtime” in order to avoid repetitive transfer. If you fail to follow this instruction, you
shall bear the losses and expenses occurred due to such repetitive transfer.
- 6. You understand that after you create or import wallet on imToken, your Keystore, Private Key and Mnemonic
are only stored on your mobile device and will not be stored in imToken or on the servers of ConsenLabs. You may
change another mobile device to use imToken after you follow the instructions on imToken to backup your wallet.
If you lose your mobile device before you could write down or backup your Wallet Password, Private Key, Mnemonic
Words or Keystore, you may lose your Tokens and ConsenLabs is unable to restore them. If your Wallet Password,
Private Key, Mnemonic Words or Keystore is disclosed or the device which stores or holds your Wallet Password,
Private Key, Mnemonic Words or Keystore is hacked or attacked, you may lose your Tokens and ConsenLabs is unable
to restore them. You shall bear the foregoing losses on your own.
- 7. We suggest you backup your Wallet Password, Private Key, Mnemonic Words and Keystore when you create or
wallet by writing them down on papers or backup them in password management apps. Please do not use electronic
methods such as screenshots, e-mails, note-taking apps in cell phones, text messages, WeChat or QQ to backup any
of the above information.
- 8. In order to avoid potential security risks, we suggest you use imToken in a secured network environment.
do not use a jailbreak or Rooted mobile device.
- 9. Please be alert to frauds when you use imToken. If you find any suspicious conducts, we encourage you to
VI. Change, Suspension, Termination of ConsenLabs Service
- 1. You acknowledge and accept that ConsenLabs may, at its sole discretion, provide only a part of services for
time being, suspend certain services or provide new services in the future. When we change our services, your
use of imToken is deemed as your acceptance of this Agreement and revisions of this Agreement.
- 2. You shall first complete the Questionnaire and reach the score required by ConsenLabs before you use
The Questionnaire will check whether you have sufficient knowledge of blockchain, so as to avoid to the extent
possible that you will not mishandle imToken or cause any risks to the security of your Tokens. If you fail to
pass the Questionnaire, ConsenLabs may refuse to provide all or part of the services on imToken to you.
3. You understand that ConsenLabs may suspend services under the following circumstances:
- a) due to the maintenance, upgrading, failure of equipment and blockchain system and the interruption of
etc., which lead to the suspension of the operation of imToken;
- b) due to force majeure events including but not limited to typhoon, earthquake, tsunami, flood, power
war, or terrorist attacks, or computer viruses, Trojan Horse, hacker attacks, system instability or
behaviors and other reasons, ConsenLabs is unable to provide services or in ConsenLabs’ reasonable opinion,
continuous provision of services would result in significant risks;
- c) due to other events which ConsenLabs cannot control or reasonably predicate.
4. ConsenLabs reserves the right to unilaterally suspend or terminate all or part of the function of imToken
the following circumstances:
- a) death of Users;
- b) if you steal others’ wallets information or mobile devices;
- c) if you provide false Personal Information on imToken or cheat on Questionnaire;
- d) if you refuse to allow mandatory update of imToken;
- e) if you use imToken to commit illegal or criminal activities;
- f) if you hinder the normal use of imToken by other Users;
- g) if you pretend to be staff or management personnel of ConsenLabs;
- h) if you threaten the normal operation of ConsenLabs computer system by attack, invasion, alternation or
- i) if you use imToken to send spams;
- j) if you spread rumors which endanger the goodwill of ConsenLabs and imToken;
- k) if you conduct any illegal activities, breach this Agreement etc. or other circumstances under which
reasonably considers necessary to suspend services.
- 5. You are entitled to export your wallets within a reasonable amount of time if ConsenLabs changes, suspends
terminates its services.
VII. Your Representations and Warranties
time to time for relevant privacy protection policies.
IX. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- 1. ConsenLabs only undertakes obligations expressly set forth in this Agreement.
2. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE PRC LAW, IMTOKEN IS
ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. ConsenLabs shall not be held liable for malfunction
of imToken which results from the following reasons:
- a) system maintenance or upgrading of imToken;
- b) force majeure, such as typhoon, earthquake, flood, lightning or terrorist attack etc.;
- c) malfunction of your mobile device hardware and software, and failure of telecommunication lines and
- d) your improper, unauthorized or unrecognized use of ConsenLabs services;
- e) computer viruses, Trojan Horse, malicious program attacks, network congestion, system instability,
or equipment failure, telecommunication failure, power failure, banking issues, government acts etc.;
- f) any other reasons not imputed to ConsenLabs.
3. ConsenLabs shall not be held liable under the following circumstances:
- a) Users lose their mobile devices, delete imToken applications and wallets without back-up, forget Wallet
Private Keys, Mnemonic Words, Keystores without back-up, which result in the loss of their Tokens;
- b) Users disclose their Wallet Passwords, Private Keys, Mnemonic Words, Keystores, or lend or transfer
imToken wallets to others, or authorize others to use their mobile devices or imToken wallets, or download
imToken applications through unofficial channels, or use imToken applications by other insecure means, which
result in the loss of their Tokens;
- c) Users mishandle imToken (including but not limited to wrong address, failure of the node servers
by you), which result in the loss of Tokens;
- d) Users are unfamiliar with the knowledge of blockchain and their mishandling of imToken results in loss
- e) imToken is unable to copy accurate transaction records due to system delay or blockchain instability
- f) Users shall undertake the risks and consequences of their transactions on the third-party-developed
- 4. You understand that imToken is only an management tool for Tokens which is incapable to control the
and legitimacy of products and services provided by the third-party-developed DApps, or the authenticity and
of their information and their capabilities to fulfill the obligations under the agreements with you. You, at
sole discretion, decide whether to transact on the third-party-developed DApps. It is the third-party-developed
DApps, instead of imToken, that transact with you. We kindly remind you to carefully review the authenticity,
and effectiveness of related information provided by the third-party-developed DApps before you decide to use
DApps. In addition, you shall also assume all the risks arising from the transactions between you and any third
- 5. You acknowledge that imToken may provide services to you and your counterparties simultaneously and you
to waive any actual or potential conflicts of interests and will not claim against ConsenLabs on such base or
ConsenLabs with more responsibilities or duty of care.
6. ConsenLabs does not warrant that:
- a) services provided by ConsenLabs would satisfy all your needs;
- b) all techniques, products, services, information or other materials from ConsenLabs would meet your
- c) all the transaction information in digital tokens markets captured from the third party exchanges are
accurate, complete, and reliable;
- d) your counterparties on imToken will perform their obligations in the transaction agreements with you
7. In any case, the total liability for ConsenLabs under this Agreement shall not exceed the greater of:
- a) RMB value of 0.1 Ether; or
- b) ￥500 RMB.
- 8. You are aware that imToken is only a tool for Users to manage their Tokens and to display transaction
ConsenLabs does not provide legal, tax or investment advice. You shall seek advice from professional legal, tax,
and investment advisors. In addition, ConsenLabs shall not be liable for any investment loss, data loss etc.
your use of our service.
- 9. You understand that we may change our entry standards, limit the range and ways to provide services for
Users etc. at any time in accordance with PRC laws and regulations.
X. Entire Agreement
other rules (including contents in the “Support” column) posted by ConsenLabs from time to time.
- 2. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court with competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the other
of this Agreement remain in full force and effect.
- 3. This English version and other translated version of this Agreement (if any) are provided for the
of Users, and are not intended to revise the Chinese version of this Agreement. If there is any discrepancy
the Chinese version and non-Chinese version of this Agreement, the Chinese version shall prevail.
XI. Intellectual Property Rights Protection
- 1. imToken is an application developed and owned by ConsenLabs. The intellectual property rights of any
displayed in imToken (including this Agreement, announcements, articles, videos, audios, images, archives,
materials, trademarks or logos) are owned by ConsenLabs or the third party licensors. Users can only use the
applications and its contents for the purpose of holding and managing their Tokens. In particular, without prior
written consent from imToken or the third party licensors, no one shall use, modify, decompile, reproduce,
disseminate, alter, distribute, issue or publicly publish the abovementioned applications and contents.
XII. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- 1. The validity, interpretation, alternation, enforcement, dispute resolution of this Agreement and its
shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of PRC. Where there is no applicable law, this
shall be interpreted by applicable commercial and/or industrial practices.
- 2. If any dispute or claim in connection with this Agreement arises between you and ConsenLabs, the parties
first attempt to resolve the dispute or claim through amicable negotiations in good faith. If the parties cannot
reach an agreement, either party may sue the other party at the competent court where ConsenLabs is located.
- 1. If you live outside of PRC, you shall fully understand and conform to the laws, regulations and rules in
jurisdictions which are relevant to use of ConsenLabs services.
- 2. During your use of ConsenLabs services, if you come across any problems, you can contact us through the
of your feedbacks on imToken.
- 3. This Agreement is accessible for all Users on imToken. We encourage you to read this Agreement each time
- 4. This Agreement shall become effective on September 26, 2017.
As for any issues not covered in this Agreement, you shall comply with the announcements and relevant rules as
ConsenLabs from time to time.
ConsenLabs Co, Ltd.
Last Updated: September 26, 2017
ConsenLabs Co, Ltd. (“ConsenLabs” or “we”) respects and protects the privacy of Users (“you” or
will collect and use your Personal Information, generated from your use of imToken, in accordance with this Privacy
ConsenLabs recommends that you shall carefully read and understand the whole contents of this Policy
before your use
of the product (“imToken”). Additionally, significant information including the Disclaimer is in bold form in this
Policy. Definitions of key words in this Policy are consistent with those in the imToken Terms of Service of
ConsenLabs reserves the right to update this Policy online from time to time, and the new policy
will immediately replace
the older one once posted. In particular, if you do not accept the revised policies, please immediately stop your
of imToken. Your continuous use of imToken will be regarded as your acceptance of the revised policy. Furthermore,
the revised policies will take into effect immediately upon being posted on imToken.
You acknowledge and accept that this Policy and other relevant rules apply to imToken and the DApps
owned by ConsenLabs
1. Information We Collect
We collect your information in order to provide the services you requested on imToken, and we
highly value the protection
for your privacy. We strictly abide by the principle of “lawful, justifiable and necessary” during our collection
of your information. You acknowledge that, if you do not provide us with necessary information, your user
on imToken may be influenced.
- 1.1 We may collect your Personal Information, including but not limited to your mobile device information,
records, transaction records and wallet addresses.
- 1.2 In order to satisfy your needs for specific services, we may collect your name, bank card number,
email address etc.
- 1.3 You confirm that your Wallet Password, Private Key, Mnemonic Words, Keystore on imToken are not stored or
on ConsenLabs’ servers. ConsenLabs does not offer the service to restore your Wallet Password, Private Key,
Words or Keystore.
- 1.4 Apart from the foregoing provisions, when you are using specific function of imToken, we may give you
notification to ask for more Personal Information. Your objection to provide more information will be regarded
as your choice not to use this specific function of imToken.
- 1.5 After you link to the third-party-developed DApps from imToken, your Personal Information will be
held by the third-party-developed DApps instead of being collected or held by imToken.
1.6 To the extent permitted by PRC laws and regulations,
ConsenLabs may collect and use following Personal Information without your prior consent or authorization:
- a. information related to national security and national defense;
- b. information related to public security, public health, significant public interests;
- c. information related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and enforcement;
- d. the Personal Information collected is publicized by yourself;
- e. the Personal Information is collected from legally publicly disclosed information, such as legal news
government information disclosure and other channels;
- f. the Personal Information is necessary to maintain the security and compliance of services, such as to
or to solve the malfunction of products and services;
- g. other circumstances prescribed by laws and regulations.
1.7 We collect information in the following ways:
- a. Information you give us. For example, you fill in your name, telephone number, or bank card number in
Account” column or you provide your email address when submitting feedbacks, or you give extra information
to us when you use our specific services.
- b. we collect information during your use of imToken, including your mobile devices information and your
records on imToken etc.
- c. we copy all or part of your transaction records on blockchain. However, Users shall refer to the
system for the latest transaction records.
2. How We Use Your Information
- 2.1 We may associate you with your wallet by the unique serial number of your mobile device.
- 2.2 We may promptly push important notifications to you, such as software update, update of Terms of Service
- 2.3 We offer you the “Touch ID” option in the “Settings” column of imToken to provide you with a convenient
way to manage your digital Tokens.
- 2.4 We deal with your feedbacks by using the Wallet Address and the mobile device information provided by
- 2.5 We may collect your Personal Information to conduct our internal audit, data analysis and research etc. to
- 2.6 According to imToken Terms of Service and other rules of ConsenLabs,
manage and handle the use behaviors of Users through Users’ information.
- 2.7 We may use your information in accordance with laws, regulations and to cooperate with regulatory
3. How You Control Your Own Information
You are entitled to control your Personal Information provided to imToken:
4. Information We may Share or Transfer
5. How We Protect Your Information
- 5.1 If ConsenLabs terminates operation, ConsenLabs will stop the collection of your Personal Information in
post the announcement on imToken and delete or anonymize your Personal Information held by us within a
- 5.2 To protect your Personal Information, ConsenLabs may adopt data security techniques, improve internal
levels, provide security training for our staff, and set security authority for access to relevant data to
your Personal Information.
- 5.3 We will send you messages about information security in the “Notifications” column and update articles
the use of wallets and information protection in the “Support” column on imToken for your reference.
6. Protection for the Minors
The following special provisions apply to minors who are under the age of 18 years old:
- 6.1 The minors shall not use imToken without the guidance from their parents or guardians.
- 6.2 The parents and guardians of the minors shall provide guidance to the minors on using imToken after they
this Policy, imToken Terms of Service and other relevant rules.
- 6.3 imToken will ensure the confidentiality and security of the minors’ Personal Information in accordance
laws and regulations.
- 7.1 After you link to the third-party-developed DApps from imToken, the privacy policies of the
DApps will apply. The collection and use of your Personal Information by the third-party-developed DApps will be
controlled neither by ConsenLabs, nor by this Policy. ConsenLabs is unable to guarantee that the
DApps will definitely take Personal Information protection measures as required by ConsenLabs.
- 7.2 You shall carefully select and use the third-party-developed DApps and protect your Personal Information.
shall not be held liable for the privacy protection obligation of any third-party-developed DApps.
- 7.3 YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CONSENLABS WILL ADOPT
AS REASONABLE AS POSSIBLE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION UNDER CURRENT TECHNIQUES ON AN “AS IS”, “AS
AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS, TO AVOID THE DISCLOSURE, TAMPERING OR DAMAGE OF INFORMATION. SINCE CONSENLABS
DATA WIRELESSLY, CONSENLABS MAKES NO GUARANTEE ON THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY OF WIRELESS INTERNET DATA
- 8.1 If you are a User outside of PRC, you shall fully understand and conform to the laws, regulations and
your jurisdictions which are relevant to use of ConsenLabs.
- 8.2 During your use of ConsenLabs services, if you come across any problems related to your Personal
use, you may contact us through the submission of your feedbacks on imToken.
- 8.3 You may access this Policy and other service rules of ConsenLabs on imToken. We encourage you to check the
- 8.4 This English version and other translated version of this Policy are provided for the convenience of
are not intended to revise the original Chinese version of this Policy. If there is any discrepancy between the
Chinese version and non-Chinese version of this Policy, the Chinese version shall prevail.
- 8.5 This Policy shall become effective on September 26, 2017.